St. Ann's College of Education strives for quality education and prepares teachers for modern society with Personal, Academic, Research and Professional Excellence to spread the light of wisdom and knowledge to humanity. The college volunteered to be assessed and accredited in the Third Cycle by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and submitted its Self Assessment Report (SAR) in July 2014. The Peer Team comprised of Eminent Educationists from the academic world, Headed by Prof. Riaz Khan S., Former Vice Chairperson, NCTE as the Chairperson, Dr. P. Viswanadan Nair, Professor and Head, Dept of Education, University of Kerala as Member Co-ordinator and Dr. Nirmala Sundara Raj, Principal, Nehru College of Education, Pondicherry as Member visited the college on 29th, 30th and 31st of October, 2014 to validate the SAR.
The Institution has secured a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.71/4.0 which ranks the highest grading among re-accredited Colleges of Education in India and among the colleges affiliated to Mangalore University.
The Peer Team identified the following strengths and best practices of the institution.
- Autonomous Status of the college.
- Liberal use of ICT by Staff and Students.
- A proactive and sound management
- Team spirit among management, staff and students
- Sound practice teaching strategies
- Faculty taking initiative for curriculum revision based on the feedback from stakeholders
- Existing courses modified to meet the national and global market requirements
- A number of quality sustenance and enhancement measures undertaken by the college
- Developing and fostering reflective thinking practices among student teachers
- Value integration through different disciplines
- Collaboration with national and international level organizations made.
- Active involvement of the faculty in research.
- Good representation of disadvantaged group of students
- Faculty and students sensitized towards issues of inclusion
- Students’ satisfaction college’s main priority.
- Active and functional Alumni Association
- Effective and efficacious functioning of the college